Wednesday 1 June 2016

Welcome to my Blog!

Hi! Welcome to Joyful Learning Home Preschool! My name is Ruth and I'm from Singapore, a small city state in Southeast Asia. I'm a Christian SAHM to three boys (ages 15, 10 and one turning 3). I homeschooled my older two for preschool and kindergarten and have always regretted not keeping a record of what I did with them during those years. Now that I am teaching my youngest at home, I thought of creating a blog to preserve memories of our homeschool days. I'm an eclectic homeschooler, so you will find elements of traditional, classical, Charlotte Mason, Reggio and Montessori approaches in my homeschool. The early years are vital to a child's spiritual and character development. It is my desire that my children will know God and love His Word from an early age. At the same time, I want them to be able to find great joy exploring this world that God created. Whether it be the systems in languages, the laws of mathematics and physics, the beauty of nature and the arts, or the events in world history, the Lord is sovereign over all and in them all. It is my prayer that by God's grace, they may develop their God-given abilities and gifts to the end of knowing Him, enjoying Him, and glorifying Him in their earthly callings. May the Lord use my feeble attempts to teach my children for His own glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment